Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Walking for a Cure: The 3-Day Part XV: The Long Journey Home...

It was over. The Euphoria of being involved in such an incredible event was still clinging to every fiber of my being but after H's brother and SIL dropped me off at the hotel that feeling started to wane. It was time to go back to the real world.

The next morning I gave myself a treat and took a cab to Union Station instead of the Metro. I got there in plenty of time to line up and get on the Acela home. This is definitely my favorite mode of transportation now. If I am able, I will use the Acela from now on.

I spent most of the trip writing out as much my thoughts from the weekend that I could capture. Trying to get as much down as possible while it was still fresh. The unrest at home kept intruding on that though. There were a few problems that had developed while I was away, including a Death in the Family and now I was forced to really start thinking about these things.

In the following days I really do think I developed a bit of "Post-Walk Depression" but as I recorded my story and shared it with other people one thing became absolutely clear. I was going to do the Walk again.

Boston 2010 -- I'll be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment